Do you have a research paper in leadership, and you are stuck or wondering how to get good grades? The first step is selecting a good topic because it will determine how easy or challenging the rest of the process will be.
However, selecting good leadership research topics is always challenging because the subject is very wide. Also, writing a high-quality leadership research paper or even business term papers is tough because it requires good research, analytical, and writing skills – a combination that is rare in many students. So, is there a way to prepare high quality papers and get top grades?
The answer is “yes,” and we are here to help. This post digs deeper into leadership research papers to help you understand what they are, how to write them like a pro, and finally highlights 182 hot topics for top grades.
What Is Leadership All About?
Leadership is the art of leading a group of people or an organization. The concept is practiced everywhere you go. It is used in schools, home, politics, businesses, church, and government. Therefore, everyone is expected to develop some leadership skills because he/she will, at some point, become a leader.
To hone their focus and skills in leadership, teachers in college often ask students to prepare leadership research papers. Therefore, these papers do not just test the research and writing skills, but also prepare the student to become the next generation leaders.
Note that leadership and management should not be confused. This is a common mistake made by many students. Although the two concepts overlap, they are very different. Leadership mainly relates to visions and beliefs, while management focuses on using specific tools and techniques.
How To Write A Good Leadership Research Paper
Now that you know what leadership is all about, how do you go about writing a great research paper? Here are the main steps to follow:
- Step one: Understand the assignment from your teacher. For example, does your teacher want you to focus on a specific area, such as nursing? What about the writing style, the number of words, and the deadline?
- Step two: Select the preferred topic. This is a very important stage because it sets the stage for the rest of the paper. Make sure to select a topic that is interesting and fun to work on. Also, check to ensure the topic has ample resources to use.
- Step three: Research your topic and develop a thesis statement. Armed with the right topic and resources, it is time to carry intensive research on the topic and gather the points that you will discuss in the paper. You should also develop your thesis statement.
- Step four: Create the leadership research paper outline. This is your guide, which highlights the structure of the paper. It also tells you where different points will go in the research paper. Note that the structure might be adjusted slightly to cater for more high-value points or supporting evidence that you might get along the way.
- Step five: Write the first draft of the research paper, starting with the introduction, a compelling body, and finally, conclusion.
- Step Six: Revise the first draft, confirming that all the points are done well, there is good flow, and the lecturer’s instructions are followed. You might want to ask a friend to help with proofreading so that errors that might have skipped your eyes are also noted.
Once you are through with all the six steps, your paper is ready for submission. Next, we will highlight the best leadership research topics that you should consider for your assignment.
Research Questions About Leadership
- What is the most effective leadership style and how should it be applied?
- How does corruption impact leadership development?
- What is the importance of leadership succession in organizations?
- What roles do leaders play in empowering others?
- What are the main leadership style differences between America and Asia?
- Leadership in East Europe and the Far East: What are the main differences?
- What distinct leadership features can you identify in Bill Gates’ management style?
- Why do followers listen to leaders? Analyzing the speech tactics and patterns.
- What are the main differences between baby boomers and millennial leadership styles?
- What leadership style is practiced in the Catholic Church?
- Diversity in the auto industry leadership: Why is it so important?
- Bureaucratic structure in government: What impacts does it have on leadership in government?
- What skills does every leader require for success?
- Accelerating growth in organizations: What leadership strategies should your organization have?
- Cross-cultural leadership style: What are the main challenges?
- What is the main difference between being a follower and a leader?
- Who are the most influential leaders in history?
- What role do ethics play in developing a good leader?
- What makes a leader believable?
- What are the different types of leadership styles?
Organizational Leadership Topics
- How staff characteristics impact a person’s leadership style.
- What are the impacts of technology in organization leadership?
- Sociological factors and how they impact leadership styles.
- Economic and political factors: What impacts do they have in organizational leadership?
- Organization culture: Is it an obstacle to effective leadership?
- Organization change: How can leadership overcome it to improve the performance of an organization?
- Comparing organizational leadership in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Business leadership model: A case study of Virgin Atlantic.
- Theory of organizational humanism in leadership: What are the limitations?
- Comparing the leadership styles of President Barack Obama to Donald Trump.
- Training: How does it impact leadership experience?
- Is age an important parameter in determining leadership experience?
- A review of top job markets that demand experience in leadership.
- Comparing online and in-class training and their effectiveness in building good leaders.
- Are leaders born or nurtured?
- Can a good leader change and become a bad one?
- Comparing Hitler and Clinton leadership styles?
- Comparing political leadership to political leadership.
- What are the main challenges to good organizational leadership?
- Angel Merkel’s leadership style review.
Good Leadership Paper Topics
- Organizational behavior and theory.
- To what level can personality traits predict an individual’s leadership capabilities?
- Leadership values and ethics application in public schools in the UK.
- A review of leadership and cultural differences.
- Globalization and organizational change.
- Women leaders and how they are changing society.
- Comparing transformational and transactional leadership.
- Developing good international business leadership skills.
- Leadership roles: A case study of Apple Incorporation.
- Leadership programs in business.
- Leadership and communication.
- Changing a person’s leadership style.
- What are the main challenges faced in leadership?
- Clearing path to effective leadership.
- Leadership and followership.
- Entrepreneurial leadership and management in startups.
- A review of theories of leadership development.
- Principled leadership in the UK.
- Emotional intelligence in organization leadership.
- A review of the key functions of a leader.
Unique Leadership Topic Ideas
- Should coaching and mentorship be made mandatory for all leaders?
- What benefits come with using autocratic leadership in the 21st century?
- Charismatic leadership can be very dangerous: Discuss with examples.
- Should all leaders enforce affirmative action in their organizations?
- Impact of political factors in organization leadership.
- What conflict resolution skills does your most preferred world leader depict?
- A leader is tested by the challenging situations he/she faced along the way: Discuss.
- Strategies you can use to build trust among your followers in an organization.
- Managing organizations in the 21st century: What strategies can you use to keep your staff motivated?
- Is leadership coaching important in running modern organizations?
- Leadership training: Does it always result in good management?
- Is pursuing a course in leadership worth it?
- Leadership training: How can it benefit an organization?
- What qualities should make you pursue a course in leadership training?
- If you do not intend to lead an organization, is learning leadership necessary?
Leadership Topics for Discussion
- The theme of attractiveness in leadership.
- How core competencies of leadership function in the hospitality industry.
- How does charismatic leadership theory add to the leadership role in operational excellence?
- Globalization impact on leadership in financial institutions.
- Reviewing the current principles of leadership perspectives from a global perspective.
- The practical role of managing leadership in driving performance of complex organizations.
- How effective was female leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic era? A case study of New Zealand.
- Reviewing leadership challenges in the management of international football: A case study of Barcelona Football Club.
- Analyzing bias in education management: A comparative review of colleges in Europe.
- Communication and leadership: A discussion.
- Othello’s leadership skills review.
- Leadership challenges in modern organizations.
Research Topics for Educational Leadership
- Managing US-based universities: How does leadership quality matter?
- How does institutional management shape learners as future leaders?
- Comparing learning institutions with women versus those with men’s leadership.
- What role does educational leadership play in society?
- Education leadership and its impact in learners’ career paths.
- How does education leadership promote transformation in society?
- What role do women play in education leadership?
- Teachers’ excellence: Evaluating methods that can be used to pass it to learners.
- Analyzing the negative traits of learners and how it impacts students in college.
- Fight for leadership positions in colleges: How does it impact students?
- How does culture impact the running of universities? A case study of Cambridge University.
- Technology impact in running education organizations.
- Running educational institutions during a pandemic: A review of Harvard University management model at the height of COVID-19 pandemic.
- What are the implications of social media on the management of colleges today?
- Reviewing the effectiveness of interdisciplinary teams in the leadership of schools.
- Should we include the community in the learning of education organizations?
- Use of performance appraisals on the leadership of elementary schools in the UK.
- A holistic review of gendered leadership on learning of secondary schools in Asia.
- Student performance and parent expectations: The mediating role of education institutions.
- Is it possible to learn leadership and management?
- Standard testing educational programs: Analyzing their efficiency.
Leadership Dissertation Topics
- A thematic review of leadership at Toyota Motors.
- Leadership and organization change: A case study of Johnson and Johnson Company.
- What is the best leadership strategy during a crisis?
- Ethical behavior and leadership: What are the main challenges to law enforcement personnel?
- Comparing healthcare leadership in public and private hospitals.
- Rethinking organization leadership theories.
- The whole-person approach to leadership in organizations.
- A review of emerging leadership theories.
- The application of transformational leadership in human resources management.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of leadership in Early Care and Education organizations.
- What leadership styles are most common in manufacturing organizations?
- Correction facilities leadership: What are the main shortcomings?
- Power balances in leadership structures: A case study of New York police service.
- Leadership and management styles in emerging countries.
- Is it possible to please everyone in leadership? A literature review.
- College performance: Should it form the basis of an individual’s leadership?
Nursing Leadership Paper Topics
- Leadership in the operating room: What are the best practices?
- A systematic review of nursing leadership in emphasizing that all patients are handled with care and dignity: A case study of UK private hospitals.
- A review of the rapidly changing approaches to nursing leadership: A case study of New York hospitals.
- Reviewing the leadership role in the changing healthcare priorities in the UK healthcare system.
- What is the importance of business acumen in running a healthcare facility?
- Gender bias in the nursing profession: what strategies can be used to address it?
- Nursing uniform code rules: Are they important in promoting better services in the healthcare industry?
- What is the convergent point of the nursing theories and leadership theories?
- Do nurse leaders develop their skills before starting or after commencing practice?
- What are the best strategies for addressing deficiencies in nursing leadership? A case study of Ireland’s healthcare system.
- How effective is the nursing unit in healthcare? A review of a healthcare facility near you.
Leadership Research Paper Topics on Women and Gender
- What are the main gender issues that affect women leaders?
- What are the main factors that impact women leadership at the workplace?
- Why do most countries not have women leadership?
- Should all leaders in organizations be required by law to nurture women leaders?
- Why do women leaders matter so much in modern society?
- Roles of women in their families: How do they impact them as leaders?
- Can colleges help nurture more female leaders?
- Few women leaders in the US organizations are an indication of inequality in society.
- Emotional intelligence: Can it help build more leaders?
- Comparing the performance of a women-led and man-led organization.
- Germany under the leadership of Angela Merkel: What leadership lessons can we learn?
- Involvement of women in political parties: Are you satisfied?
- Comparing women leadership in Africa and Asia.
- Where do you see women leadership in the next 20 years? Discuss.
Interesting Leadership Paper Ideas
- Why should leaders be empathetic?
- What qualities make a good leader?
- Comparing women and men leadership in the 20th century.
- Responsibility: Why it is a critical quality of any leader.
- Emotional people: Do they qualify for any leadership?
- Selfish leaders: Can they bring any positive change?
- Confidence helps to define a true leader.
- Leadership skills are needed for one to qualify as a leader.
- Can a person develop leadership qualities after getting elected?
- How attitude prevents women from seeking top leadership positions.
- What leadership qualities do you find in yourself?
- The importance of leadership diversity.
- Discuss transformational leadership in an organization of your choice.
- What effect do leadership styles have on employee performance?
- Leadership and team building.
- Contemporary issues in modern leadership and management.
- A deeper look at the human side of leadership and management.
Controversial Leadership Research Topics
- What are the impacts of AI adoption on organization leadership?
- Leveraging a culture of transformation: Does it mean that you are supporting people to finally topple you?
- Can you achieve results without being coercive at work?
- Are there instances where using unethical methods to achieve results can be justified?
- Women or men: Who are better leaders?
- Being positive: Does it always signify good leadership?
- All sectors should be led by people who are highly experienced.
- All students pursuing masters should undertake leadership courses.
- Public relations students: Do they need to undergo leadership training?
- Why do employers insist on hiring employees with good leadership qualities?
- Is teamwork important in developing one’s leadership skills?
- The best solution for effective leadership.
- How do you lead an organization during a crisis?
- Benefits that come with leading a team in your organization.
- In what situations should leaders be limited?
- A review of the United Nations Leadership: What areas do you think are lacking?
Get Help From Research Paper Writing Service
Now that you know the process to use for crafting the best papers for top grades, are you ready to start working on the paper? If you find it challenging because of whatever reasons, it will be a good idea to seek the assistance of professionals in academic writing. These are writers with years of experience helping university students with their assignments, and you can count on them for well-written work.
At our paper writing service, we work with native writers who carry in-depth analysis of leadership research questions or ideas from clients and deliver top quality custom papers. Even for the topic that you think is too complex, our ENL writers can handle it, creating a comprehensive paper that will guarantee you top grades. Why settle for low grades when our online writing service that guarantees top grades is only a click away! Visit us today to buy custom research paper, plus get all other assignment needs!